We are so happy to be back!
Following the government announcement on Saturday 4th July, we have re-opened our doors and we are delighted to be helping our clients feel amazing again!
We cannot tell you how much we’ve missed you and our team. We are continuously reviewing government guidelines and continue to prioritise the safety of our clients and our staff, this means that although we will be delivering the same wonderful service, we will be doing things a little differently...
Our plan will continue to evolve under government guidance and we will update this page accordingly, but for now we ask for your cooperation to adhere to our plan that will provide a safe environment for both our clients and staff.
Our plan includes:
Cleaning, antibacterial station, PPE
- All staff will be temperature checked each morning and fresh PPE will be worn for each client.
- Every styling station, basin and all tools will be antibacterial cleansed with medical grade sanitiser in readiness for your appointment.
- Gloves – There is no requirement for clients to wear gloves,but you can wear them if you would like to, regular hand sanitising and washing is encouraged throughout your appointment.
- Stylist PPE - Your stylist will wear disposable gloves and a disposable apron for your consultation up until after shampooing, they will then remove both items for the rest of your appointment. Aprons and gloves will remain on during colour appointments. Stylists will be wearing a combination of masks or face shields.
- Despite changes in close contact guidance, you are required to wear a mask for the duration of your visit to Richard Pearce Hairdressing. You are welcome to bring your own, but if you don’t have your own mask, we will provide you with a disposable fluid resistant mask a cost of £1.50 will be added to your bill to cover this.
- The salon will be deep cleaned every evening ready for the next day.
- Gowns and Towels will be freshly hot washed after every use.
- All appointment times have been extended by fifteen minutes to allow time for our team to clean and change PPE for you.
During your appointment
- When you arrive at the salon, please ring the doorbell and wait outside to be welcomed in once your stylist is ready for you. Under cover seating is available should there be any slight delay.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment, please do not arrive early.
- Upon arrival, we will check your temperature and you will be asked use the hand sanitiser station and to apply your mask, this must stay on throughout your time at the salon.
- To minimise the risk of cross client contamination, we aren’t able to take your coat or bags or use a coat rack, so we ask that where possible you leave personal bags at home and keep coats and jackets in your car. If the weather requires you to wear a coat, we will provide you with a plastic bag to seal your belongings in and keep with you during your appointment.
- We are advised by our friends in the medical profession not to offer refreshments for the time being, so please bring your own and for your safety we recommend drinking from a container with a lid, but please replace your mask as you sip.
- As we are unable to handle printed magazines in the salon, we have subscribed to a catalogue of digital magazines for you to enjoy via your phone, simply scan the QR code at your styling station and you will find a variety of magazines to read, with no log in required.
- We are only accepting card payments. Unfortunately, we are unable to return tips to our team from card payments. Tips are never expected but we have been asked by a number of clients if they are still able to tip their stylists, there will be named boxes for each stylist at reception so if you would like to give your stylist a cash tip at your own discretion, please ask for their box. No cash can be handled in the salon.
- Depending on where your stylist is working within the salon, basins and styling stations will either be distanced by two metres or individually screened to provide safe sectioning during your appointment.
- During colour processing time, you may be asked to leave your section and move to a distanced seating area, your stylist will guide you.
- We have a lovely garden with comfortable seating should you prefer to be outside while your colour is processing, just let your stylist know your preference.
- We hope that you have left your hair alone during lockdown, however, if you have coloured your own hair, cut in your own fringe or would like a restyle with your stylist, please do contact us to discuss ahead of your appointment, to ensure that an appropriate appointment time has been booked for you.
- If it has been some time since your last colour appointment with us, we are required to carry out skin tests ahead of colour appointments, we will contact you ahead of your appointment with regards to skin tests.
Our online booking service is now open! We paused this temporarily during the first few weeks of opening, but we are delighted to welcome you to book online, by phone, or by email. If we are unable to answer your call immediately, please leave a message and we will call you back as soon as possible.
Our team are looking forward to seeing you again. We have so much catching up to do and stories to share of our experiences during this strange time, we are so looking forward to help you look and feel fantastic again!
Thank you so much for your support and patience during this difficult time, please follow our social media channels for the latest news, updates and offers.
Facebook: Richard PearceHairdressing
Wishing you great hair and great health, the Team at Richard Pearce Hairdressing